Friday, June 1, 2012

Bella Parade: Fabric Selection

Like I said in my last post I consider myself to be a beginner quilter learning as I go.  Shruti has been a huge inspiration; I’ve loved watching her grow as a quilter, something which she is very good at.  She can vouch that I was very nervous about writing this post (and more so the post I will make after this one!) so I hope I've done the right thing!

A little while ago I was asked to participate in the Bella Solid Parade 2012, and I was lucky enough to be sent 4 solids to pair up with existing fabric from my stash and create a project that could be made in a day. The solids I've been sent are:



Moda Bella Solid # 200 Off white
Moda Bella Solid # 205 Eggplant
Moda Bella Solid # 208 Cloud
Moda Bella Solid # 213 Mustard

Other than binding I don’t think I have ever really considered buying solids, I’m always drawn towards pretty patterns before I even reach the solids section.  I was surprised at how I could match up the above solids to so many fabrics I already had. 


I decided to match them up with what I had left of the Sunkissed Layer Cake (that I actually won from Shruti last year) and I think they pair up perfectly although my sense of colour may differ from the norm.  I tend not to think too much when it comes to matching colours, more relying on instinct to do the work for me.


What will I make from these?  Come back in a couple of days for a tutorial - something that can be easily made in a day!  Don't forget to enter the giveaway




No comments:

Post a Comment